Construction for 2019 has concluded, lanes and most ramps are now reopened to traffic for the winter. Work will begin again in the Spring of 2020. Stay tuned for updates.
2020 Construction Alternate Routes
- 14 Mile Road Interchange
- Rochester Road Interchange
- Big Beaver Road Interchange
- Crooks Road/Corporate Drive Interchange
- Northbound I-75 right lane closed from Wattles Road to Coolidge Highway for noise wall construction and drain work.
- Northbound I-75 Big Beaver loop ramps - in preparation for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) the westbound exit ramp and eastbound entrance ramps have been removed. Motorists should exit to Big Beaver Road and use the nearest available crossover to go west on Big Beaver. Motorists can enter northbound I-75 via westbound Big Beaver Road.
- Northbound I-75 to 14 Mile loop ramp - in preparation for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) the northbound exit ramp to westbound 14 Mile Road has been removed. Motorists should exit to 14 Mile Road.
For the 2020 construction season, two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction with a temporary concrete barrier separating northbound and southbound traffic on the newly replaced northbound lanes on the freeway. This is the same configuration as last year, but on the new pavement, and on the northbound side of the freeway. Alternate routes are based on individual destinations and preference, but suggestions will be posted soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to deliver these much needed improvements in the safest manner possible. Thank you!