Construction for 2019 has concluded, lanes and most ramps are now reopened to traffic for the winter. Work will begin again in the Spring of 2020. Stay tuned for updates.
2020 Construction Alternate Routes
- 14 Mile Road Interchange
- Rochester Road Interchange
- Big Beaver Road Interchange
- Crooks Road/Corporate Drive Interchange
- Southbound I-75 Closed Ramps for 2020 construction
- Entrance and exit to Crooks Road/Corporate Drive
- Exit to eastbound Big Beaver Road.
- Entrance from westbound Big Beaver Road
- Entrance from Rochester Road
- Entrance from 14 Mile Road
- Coolidge Highway under I-75 closed until October 30th.
- 14 Mile Road under I-75 will close starting at 10 pm Tuesday, September 22nd until 5 am Wednesday, September 23rd for bridge construction.
- Big Beaver Road under I-75 will close starting at 10 pm Tuesday, September 22nd until 5 am Wednesday, September 23rd for bridge construction.
- Northbound I-75 exit to Big Beaver Road closed until early October for DDI construction.
- Northbound I-75 exit to 14 Mile Road closed until early October for DDI construction.
- Livernois Road will have one lane open in each direction under I-75 for bridge work.
- Long Lake Road will have one lane open in each direction for bridge work.
- Big Beaver Road has one lane open in each direction under I-75 for bridge work.
- Left lanes closed on northbound and southbound I-75 from 13 Mile Road to Coolidge Highway. Two lanes remain open in each direction.
- Northbound I-75 Big Beaver loop ramps - in preparation for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) the westbound exit ramp and eastbound entrance ramps have been removed. Motorists should exit to Big Beaver Road and use the nearest available crossover to go west on Big Beaver. Motorists can enter northbound I-75 via westbound Big Beaver Road.
- Northbound I-75 to 14 Mile loop ramp - in preparation for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) the northbound exit ramp to westbound 14 Mile Road has been removed. Motorists should exit to 14 Mile Road.
For the 2020 construction season, two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction with a temporary concrete barrier separating northbound and southbound traffic on the newly replaced northbound lanes on the freeway. This is the same configuration as last year, but on the new pavement, and on the northbound side of the freeway. Alternate routes are based on individual destinations and preference, but suggestions will be posted soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to deliver these much needed improvements in the safest manner possible. Thank you!