The I-75 Modernization Project within Oakland County - North of Coolidge Highway to North of South Boulevard.
Have Segment 1 Questions?
*Operating hours M-F 8am to 5pm. Please leave a voicemail after hours and you will receive a return call the next business day.
The I-75 Modernization Project, introducing the first HOV lane in Michigan, has been accelerated. The original nine construction segments are now combined into three segments. Segment 1 is complete, with Segment 2 and Segment 3 actively in progress.
Improvements for Segment 1: North of Coolidge to North of South Boulevard included the following activities:
- Reconfigured the I-75 Business Loop (Square Lake Road) interchange
- Replaced freeway lanes and bridges
- Connected with Bloomfield Township Safety Paths on Squirrel Road over I-75
- Developed and constructed tree replacement and landscape plan
- Upgraded existing Bloomfield - Adams Road Carpool Lot
- Incorporated collaboratively-developed community aesthetics
- Planted over 6,000 trees and shrubs