Construction for 2019 has concluded, lanes and most ramps are now reopened to traffic for the winter. Work will begin again in the Spring of 2020. Stay tuned for updates.
2020 Construction Alternate Routes
- 14 Mile Road Interchange
- Rochester Road Interchange
- Big Beaver Road Interchange
- Crooks Road/Corporate Drive Interchange
- The following ramps will be closed for the duration of 2020 construction:
- Corporate Drive/Crooks Road entrance ramp to southbound I-75
- Southbound I-75 exit to Corporate Drive/Crooks Road
- Southbound I-75 exit to eastbound Big Beaver Road
- Westbound Big Beaver Road entrance to southbound I-75
- Rochester Road entrance to southbound I-75
- 14 Mile Road entrance to southbound I-75
- Southbound I-75 exit to eastbound 14 Mile Road
- On Friday, March 27th at 9am, crews will be closing both directions of Livernois Road under I-75 until Monday, March 30th at 5 am, for bridge demolition. Once opened, there will be a right lane closure on both bounds of Livernois Road under I-75 until April 30th.
- The entrance ramp from 14 Mile Road to northbound I-75 is closed until Wednesday, April 22nd for DDI construction.
- The left lane on each bound of Big Beaver Road is closed until April 20th for bridge work.
- The right lane of westbound 14 Mile Road is closed until April 13th for bridge work.
- Left two lanes of southbound Crooks Road and the right two lanes of northbound Crooks Road will be closed starting at 9 am on Monday, March 9th through Monday, March 30th for bridge work.
- Northbound I-75 Big Beaver loop ramps - in preparation for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) the westbound exit ramp and eastbound entrance ramps have been removed. Motorists should exit to Big Beaver Road and use the nearest available crossover to go west on Big Beaver. Motorists can enter northbound I-75 via westbound Big Beaver Road.
- Northbound I-75 to 14 Mile loop ramp - in preparation for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) the northbound exit ramp to westbound 14 Mile Road has been removed. Motorists should exit to 14 Mile Road.
For the 2020 construction season, two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction with a temporary concrete barrier separating northbound and southbound traffic on the newly replaced northbound lanes on the freeway. This is the same configuration as last year, but on the new pavement, and on the northbound side of the freeway. Alternate routes are based on individual destinations and preference, but suggestions will be posted soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to deliver these much needed improvements in the safest manner possible. Thank you!