Construction for 2019 has concluded, lanes and most ramps are now reopened to traffic for the winter. Work will begin again in the Spring of 2020. Stay tuned for updates.
2020 Construction Alternate Routes
- 14 Mile Road Interchange
- Rochester Road Interchange
- Big Beaver Road Interchange
- Crooks Road/Corporate Drive Interchange
- The following ramps will be closed for the duration of 2020 construction:
- Corporate Drive/Crooks Road entrance ramp to southbound I-75
- Southbound I-75 exit to Corporate Drive/Crooks Road
- Southbound I-75 exit to eastbound Big Beaver Road
- Westbound Big Beaver Road entrance to southbound I-75
- Rochester Road entrance to southbound I-75
- 14 Mile Road entrance to southbound I-75
- Southbound I-75 exit to eastbound 14 Mile Road
- Long Lake Road will close from 10 am to 3 pm on Wednesday, July 1st and again on Thursday, July 2nd to set bridge beams. During these times the right lane of southbound I-75 will be closed from Corporate Drive/Crooks Road to Long Lake Road.
- Northbound I-75 exit to 14 Mile will close starting at 9 am Tuesday, June 30th until early September for DDI construction.
- Southbound I-75 exit to 14 Mile Road will close starting at 1 am Tuesday, June 30th until the end of July for DDI construction.
- The southbound I-75 exits to Big Beaver and Rochester roads will close starting at 5 am on Saturday, May 9th for ramp reconstruction and recycling operations. The Big Beaver Road ramp is expected to be closed until mid-June and the Rochester Road ramp is expected to be closed until mid-August.
- 14 Mile Road entrance ramp to northbound I-75 is closed.
- Long Lake Road will has one lane open in each direction for bridge work.
- Big Beaver Road has one lane open in each direction under I-75 for bridge work.
- Southbound Coolidge Highway is closed until the end of June.
- Northbound I-75 Big Beaver loop ramps - in preparation for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) the westbound exit ramp and eastbound entrance ramps have been removed. Motorists should exit to Big Beaver Road and use the nearest available crossover to go west on Big Beaver. Motorists can enter northbound I-75 via westbound Big Beaver Road.
- Northbound I-75 to 14 Mile loop ramp - in preparation for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange (DDI) the northbound exit ramp to westbound 14 Mile Road has been removed. Motorists should exit to 14 Mile Road.
For the 2020 construction season, two lanes of traffic will be open in each direction with a temporary concrete barrier separating northbound and southbound traffic on the newly replaced northbound lanes on the freeway. This is the same configuration as last year, but on the new pavement, and on the northbound side of the freeway. Alternate routes are based on individual destinations and preference, but suggestions will be posted soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to deliver these much needed improvements in the safest manner possible. Thank you!