The I-75 Modernization Project, introducing the first HOV lane in Michigan, has been accelerated. The original nine
construction segments are now combined into three segments. Segment 1 is complete, with Segment 2 actively in progress.
Updates on construction progress will be posted as they occur.
Improvements for Segment 2: North of 13 Mile to North of Coolidge Highway include the following activities:
- Reconstruction of freeway pavement, interchanges and bridges
- Addition of a lane in each direction by enclosing the median
- Drainage improvements
- Aesthetics and noise walls where they meet Federal/State criteria.
Two lanes will remain open on I-75 during construction.
- Expected start date: Fall 2018
- Anticipated completion date: Fall 2020