The second complete closure on I-75 will take place Friday, March 6th at 11pm through Monday, March 9th at 5am as crews demolish the second set of bridges. This will be a complete freeway closure of both bounds of I-75 from 8 Mile Road to Square Lake Road. Please see the list of bridges and time frames below.
Bridges: **it is important to note, bridge demolition will begin at 11pm on Friday nights. Demolition will proceed through the night on both Friday and Saturday as crews work to reopen the freeway on Monday morning.
February 28th the following bridges were demolished.
- Meyers Ave (expected to open late July)
- Woodward Heights Blvd (expected to open late June)
- Harry Ave Pedestrian Bridge (expected to open late June) Bernhard Ave and Highland Ave Pedestrian bridges remain open as an alternate route for pedestrians
- John R Road East U-Turn to northbound I-75 Turnaround bridge. With the new configuration, this bridge will be permanently removed.
March 6th at 9 am, the following overpasses will be closed and demolished. Demolition will begin at 11pm on Friday.
- 9 Mile South U-turn to northbound I-75 will be demolished. With the new configuration, these bridges are being permanently removed.
- John R Road West U-Turn to southbound I-75 will be demolished. With the new configuration, this bridge is being permanently removed.
- John R Road (expected to open early Aug)
Until reconstruction of the bridges is complete, the overpasses crossing I-75 that will be open to traffic are:
- 8 Mile Road
- 9 Mile Road
- Shevlin Ave
Ramp and Lane closures:
In addition, the following ramp and lane closures will begin at 11pm on Friday, February 28th, through late November. This is in preparation for the upcoming traffic shift.
- 9 Mile Road ramp to northbound and southbound I-75
- 8 Mile Road ramp to northbound I-75
- Northbound I-75 to I-696 westbound - eastbound I-696 ramp will remain open (except during the full freeway closures) until early April when all northbound I-75 traffic is shifted to the SB side of the freeway
- Left lane closure on northbound I-75 from 7 Mile to Adams Road
Left lane closures on southbound I-75 from Adams Road. to 8 Mile Road
For full freeway closures, northbound I-75 traffic will be detoured at westbound 8 Mile Road to northbound Woodward Ave, and southbound I-75 traffic would be detoured at westbound I-696 to southbound Woodward Ave. Traffic on I-696 to I-75 will be detoured using M-53 (Vandyke Road) and M-10 (Lodge Freeway).